Three Reasons Why We Practice Lent at the Vineyard
It is old
It is helpful
It is Biblical
- Jesus spent 40 days of fasting in the wilderness, enduring the temptation of Satan and preparing himself to begin his ministry.
- The people of Nineveh repented of their sins with 40 days of fasting.
- The Prophet Ezekiel lay on his right side for 40 days as a precursor to the siege and destruction of Jerusalem.
- The Prophet Elijah fasted and prayed for 40 days on Mount Horeb.
- Moses fasted 40 days and nights while on Mount Sinai.
I hope that you might consider participating in Lent with us this year. Join us for our Ash Wednesday Service (2-26-20) at 7pm in the Auditorium at the Desert Vineyard.
I was forced to do it as a Catholic from Confirmation till I became a Born Again in 1960. This is the first time I have heard of this at the Vineyard.
This is what the bible says about fasting. I don't understand why the church follows old "tradition" that is religion and what Jesus came to get rid of. "Moreover when ye fast, be not, as the hypocrites, of a sad countenance: for they disfigure their faces, that they may appear unto men to fast. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.
Matthew 6:16 KJV
I look forward to being with my church again this year to remember the sacrifices Jesus made for us, spring cleaning is a Gift and opportunity to show our commitment. Ashes to Ashes, Dust to Dust.....Amen! â¤